Outlook Rules Export To Gmail
- Simple tool to export rules from Outlook and import them into Google Gmail as filters
- Tested on Win7 64bit, Win8 64bit & Outlook 2013, 2010 but it should work on 2007
- It also outputs rules in CSV to the command line so you can script it if you want
- Run the tool from the command line;
- OutlookRulesExport.exe email@example.com
- This will create a
rules.xml file in the current directory containing the rules
- You might get a warning from outlook asking you to allow access, if so click ok.
- Log into Gmail
- Enable gmail filters import in Gmail
- Setting -> Labs enable "Filter import/export" and click save changes
- Backup your existing Gmail filters
- Settings -> Filters -> "Select All" -> "Export"
- Import the rules as Gmail filters
- Settings -> Filters click "Import Filters" and import
- Importing existing filters into gmail is handled gracefully, no duplicate filters should be created, but its always a good idea to backup your filters
Supported Rule Types
- The tool currently only works for the following types of rules (will add support for other types of rules as i need them or as requested)
- Condition: "From Address" Actions: "Move-To-Folder | Copy-To-Folder"
- Condition: "Subject Contains" Actions: "Move-To-Folder | Copy-To-Folder"
- Condition: "Body Contains" Actions: "Move-To-Folder | Copy-To-Folder"
- This is a rewrite of the https://github.com/iloveitaly/outlook-gmail-rules-migration project from ruby and vb to c#
- Thanks to iloveitaly (Michael Bianco) https://github.com/iloveitaly for his work figuring out the various ways Outlook stores its rules https://github.com/iloveitaly/outlook-gmail-rules-migration